48th Annual NYSFAAA Conference
Turning Stone Casino and Resort
October 18 - 20, 2016
NOTE: To register for webinars, you MUST be a current member with an ending membership date of 11/15/2017. You can complete and pay for the membership application prior to registering by Clicking Here. Or, you will be taken to the membership application during the webinar registration process.
You will not be able to complete this registration until your membership is paid.
Review of UEH DOE Intent and the Implementation of Best Practices
Webinar - Thu, April 13, 2017
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
During this webinar, we will work through the Department of Education’s intent when they added Unusual Enrollment History (UEH) to student eligibility and their guidance on clearing the associated C Codes.
Discussion will occur on key phrases and common issues, as we evaluate certain risk factors for applicants. A panel will supplement the presentation as they dialog on practical implementation for their institutions.
Unusual Eligibility Situations
Webinar - Thu, March 23, 2017
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
This presentation will address a number of ‘unusual’ scenarios that arise in the course of managing Title IV financial aid, including the aiding of minors and double majors, the treatment of intersessions and summers, resolution of Comment Code 399, and professional judgment.
Time will be allotted for questions and for attendees to share their own unusual financial aid stories.
We are encouraging members to send questions and/or situations to SWT ahead of time to be forward to Zack. Email your input to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-NYSFAAA Training Activities
- Department of Education
- HESC – Visit the HESC Web Site for all NYSHESC sponsored training.
- SUNYFAP – State University of New York Financial Aid Professions
POLICY: Under certain circumstances, established by Council, the registration fee is refundable.
1. The refund policy must be stated on the registration form.
2. The policy is that normally refunds are granted if requested in writing and the request is received at least two weeks before the first day of the event.
3. Under extenuating circumstances, such as illness, the two-week deadline may be waived. Such refunds may be authorized either by the Committee Chair or by the Treasurer. They may request whatever documentation they deem appropriate on a document. It is important that these officials consult, however, so there is consistent treatment of members each year and so that one does not approve a member who might be rejected by another officer.
4. Other members of the Council are not authorized to approve refunds.
APPROVED: July 1993; April 1998