Find below some 2019 NYS budget proposals*
- Create/establish NYS licensing standards for student loan servicers; an estimated 28 million borrowers live in New York and are serviced by 30 student loan companies.
- Create/establish through the For-Profit College Accountability Act oversight of for-profit schools
- Mandatory regular reporting to the state on funding sources. Limit school funding to 80 percent of its funding from taxpayers, currently ED caps schools’ taxpayer funding at 90 percent.
- Mandatory regular reporting to the state on expenditures. Each school would be required to spend at least 50 percent of its budget on instruction and learning.
- Mandatory reporting on salaries and bonuses for school presidents and senior leadership.
- A prohibition on school leaders serving on boards for accreditation agencies to which they apply.
*from to the 2019 NYS ‘budget book’