Conference [return to event section index ]
50th Annual NYSFAAA Conference
Training [return to event section index ]
Webinars [return to event section index ]
NOTE: To register for webinars, you MUST be a current member. You can complete and pay for the membership application prior to registering by Clicking Here. Or, you will be taken to the membership application during the webinar registration process.
You will not be able to complete this registration until your membership is paid.
2019-20 FAFSA and TAP Application Training
Thu, Oct 4, 2018
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT
Whether you’re a first-timer or an old pro, this hands-on webinar will prepare you to help students and parents navigate the 2019-2020 FAFSA and TAP online applications.
This training is OPEN to financial aid professionals, college access advisors, guidance counselors, and others who assist college-bound students with the financial aid application process. THAT MEANS YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A NYSFAAA MEMBER TO ATTEND.
The line-by-line FAFSA training will be conducted using the U.S. Department of Education’s FAFSA demo site for the 2019-2020 FAFSA, followed by a PowerPoint presentation of the TAP application process.
The webinar is free and will be recorded. NYSFAAA membership is not required for this training. However, we suggest that you visit our training and training archives pages on our website to see what a NYSFAAA membership can offer - in training alone.
LaSonya Griggs Associate Dean of Enrollment Management Tompkins Cortland Community College
Michael S.J. Turner Client Relations Manager New York State Higher Education Services Corporation
Non-NYSFAAA Training Activities [return to event section index ]
- Department of Education
- HESC – Visit the HESC Web Site for all NYSHESC sponsored training.
- SUNYFAP – State University of New York Financial Aid Professions
Registration/Refund Policy [return to event section index ]
POLICY: Under certain circumstances, established by Council, the registration fee is refundable.
1. The refund policy must be stated on the registration form.
2. The policy is that normally refunds are granted if requested in writing and the request is received at least two weeks before the first day of the event.
3. Under extenuating circumstances, such as illness, the two-week deadline may be waived. Such refunds may be authorized either by the Committee Chair or by the Treasurer. They may request whatever documentation they deem appropriate on a document. It is important that these officials consult, however, so there is consistent treatment of members each year and so that one does not approve a member who might be rejected by another officer.
4. Other members of the Council are not authorized to approve refunds.
APPROVED: July 1993; April 1998