Conference [return to event section index ]
Save the Date
49th Annual NYSFAAA Conference
October 10-12, 2017
Tarrytown, New York
Changes were made to the program after the Conference Registration Form became available. For the most up-to-date information, please view the “Schedule/Agenda” as you plan your day. You can find the Schedule/Agenda when you visit the Conference Mini-Site. The Registration Form will NOT contain the changes.
Training [return to event section index ]New Training Options Coming Soon.
Webinars [return to event section index ]
NOTE: To register for webinars, you MUST be a current member with an ending membership date of 11/15/2017. You can complete and pay for the membership application prior to registering by Clicking Here. Or, you will be taken to the membership application during the webinar registration process.
You will not be able to complete this registration until your membership is paid.
Webinar - Fri, Sep 29, 2017 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT
In this webinar we will discuss impactful changes to the administration of Title IV aid that have recently become, or are about to be, effective, namely:
- Year-Round Pell
- IRS Data Retrieval Tool for 2018-2019.
While we’re at it, we’ll also review other FAFSA and ISIR updates for the 2018-2019 award year. Time will be allotted for a question-and-answer period at the end of the presentation.
Non-NYSFAAA Training Activities [return to event section index ]
- Department of Education
- HESC – Visit the HESC Web Site for all NYSHESC sponsored training.
- SUNYFAP – State University of New York Financial Aid Professions
Registration/Refund Policy [return to event section index ]
POLICY: Under certain circumstances, established by Council, the registration fee is refundable.
1. The refund policy must be stated on the registration form.
2. The policy is that normally refunds are granted if requested in writing and the request is received at least two weeks before the first day of the event.
3. Under extenuating circumstances, such as illness, the two-week deadline may be waived. Such refunds may be authorized either by the Committee Chair or by the Treasurer. They may request whatever documentation they deem appropriate on a document. It is important that these officials consult, however, so there is consistent treatment of members each year and so that one does not approve a member who might be rejected by another officer.
4. Other members of the Council are not authorized to approve refunds.
APPROVED: July 1993; April 1998